On June 4, 2018, the Pacific Northwest community of Certified B Corporations came together for the 2nd annual B Corp Leadership Development Conference Pacific Northwest.
This year's conference theme was VALUES TO ACTION. We heard from more than 25 speakers about how to translate the values that drove us to certify as B Corps into real action. This conference was full of inspiring talks, deep relationship building, and action-oriented goal setting. You can view the conference agenda and learn more about our speakers.
We are happy to announce that videos of the main speakers from BLD PNW, thanks to the wonderful support and work of Zach from local B Corp video production company One Hundred Seconds.
You can view the videos on YouTube at the links below:
- Values to Emotional Intelligence at Work | David Kahl, Founder, Fully
- Values to Equity and Inclusion at Work | Serilda Summers McGee, Owner, Workplace Change, LLC
- Values to Environmental Sustainability | Kevin Wilhelm, CEO, Sustainable Business Consulting
- Values to Philanthropic Action | Bryan Papé, Founder, MiiR and Rebecca Papé, Director of Impact, MiiR
- Why Waste? | Alando Simpson, Vice President, City of Roses Disposal and Recycling
- Better is Good, Different is Awesome | Farhad Ghafarzade, Owner, Green Drop Garage
Through the talks at BLD PNW, we learned about:
- Creating an emotionally-friendly workplace and having a more productive & engaged workforce (David Kahl, video)
- Thinking about progress in diversity equity & inclusion and how it requires getting uncomfortable (Serilda Summers McGee, video)
- Pushing to go above & beyond the assessment in terms of environmental impact (Kevin Wilhelm, video, video)
- Using our collective energy to drive political action
- Resisting microaggressions and interrupting racism
- Building community by sharing stories from our B Corp colleagues who are immigrants
- And finding your “different/awesome” as a company (Farhad Ghafarzade, video)
If you attended the conference, please make sure you fill out an event feedback survey to let us know how the day went for you and how we can improve for future programming.
Thanks again to our sponsors and volunteer committee who made this magical event possible.